Sunday, July 14, 2013

Flippin' the scrip'

Some of you may have noticed a few changes around here lately. Well, really just one big one, a blaring "Page Does Not Exist" message when you tried to tune in for your daily fix of I-Built-That-edness (trademark pending). Here's the deal, I'm not the wacky playhouse builder I thought I would be. Apparently, people care more about their chickens having a sweet place to relax than their kids; but hey, who am I to judge? If I knew there were so many of you out there, I would have unleashed my delightfully rustic, yet unrefined (also, trademark pending) side years ago. To think of all the years I wasted having to find socks in the morning just to go to work... The point is, I'm flippin' the scrip', changin' it up, shuckin' and jivin', whatever you want to call it. I'm talking new look, new logo, new style. We're going for something that better reflects what I've come to be over the last many months, the guy you found on the internet that builds chicken coops you might want to move in to, the guy who probably won the "most unique" award in his high school yearbook (totally nailed that one) or the guy that uses obsolete, antique hand tools because he understands that inanimate objects can still have soul. Just look at the new cards, you'll get it.
These are what they call "rack cards", because they're sized to sit in those cheesy card rack things (that carry maps to the nearest wax museum, giant rubber band ball or whatever) that you've walked past a million times on your way to the free continental breakfast at Best Western. I don't plan on placing these rack cards in any racks, but I do plan on handing them out at shows and stuff. Yeah, I'm going to hit up a home and garden show or two next year. So, the end of the green and blue wacky playhouse I Built That design is nigh at hand. The blog is now ibuiltthatblog.blogspot.com. There you go, flippin' the scrip'. -F.W. P.S., the New Jersey coop in the works. Pictures will be up shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment