Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Here's what you WON'T get somewhere else...

Brinn Willis here... I'm taking it upon myself to do a guest post. Hopefully you'll find me as amusing as my husband, though let me be clear, I won't be making any reference to the A-Team in this post, so take that for what it's worth.

As I type this, I'm sitting in my warm dry house, as are likely all who are reading this. My husband on the other hand, has been working outside in the freezing rain (and I mean freezing literally- I believe it's something like 32 degrees outside) for the past 2 hours. Just look at this lunatic...


He's actually built a frame around his current project and is in the process of mounting a cold slippery tarp to it... all so he can put in a few more hours of work in spite of the crappy weather.





If this doesn't inspire you- I don't know what will.

I'm not usually one for flowery words... as a matter a fact, I often keep them at bay as to maintain my husband's humility. You see... if I gave him even the slightest inkling that I thought he could make a go of this 'business' he's started, well, I might never see the guy during normal daylight hours again.

What you might not know about FW is this... he is THE hardest working person I have EVER met. For those of you who have hired him (or those who plan to hire him in the future), you need to understand that the coop or playhouse or whatever it may be that you're getting, is of an entirely different caliber than what you'd be getting anywhere else. He dreams these things up, and then puts his blood, sweat, and tears in it (and I promise you, in most cases, all three bodily fluids are indeed literally present... just something to keep in mind). The guy has so much heart, and he doesn't necessarily know this, but I admire his drive and I'm so incredibly impressed with all he is able to do with his two hands. I love him for the hours upon hours of hard work he puts in on cold, dark, rainy nights, all with the hopes of providing for his family.

This is what making an honest dollar looks like people... it's a rare thing nowadays, but when you come across it, it's pretty freaking awe-inspiring.


Still at it... my husband- the rock star.

3 comments:

  1. You two are great. And by two I mean four (Georgie and Wyoming included)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're truly happy with the fact that we found F.W. among the noise of the internet. We are so impressed that he is working in the rain/sleet/cold today to get our Cackalack Coop done...definitely unexpected. We wholeheartedly agree that he is a rock star!
    Terri & Drew

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I am really impressed! He really puts his heart and soul into these projects!! We ADORE the coop he made us, too. :) The chickens love it.

    ReplyDelete